Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Pillars of Light and Love is excited to announce we are holding auditions for our 2024 Julia’s Joy Voice Idol Competition!
1. The contest is for ages 11-18. Contestants must be 11 years old by November 15, 2023, or must still be 18 through February 28, 2024. Proof of age will be required. There will be two age groups eligible to win: 11-14 year-olds and 15-18 year-olds. Contestants who are chosen will receive free vocal and performance coaching from November through to the shows. All rehearsals should be attended endless due to prior commitments. They will be held on Sunday afternoons. All contestants will perform in the opening and closing numbers of each show.
2. Contestants must audition live with a backing track as a single act. The contestant should prepare 2 songs, no longer than 90 seconds each. One song for the audition must be a pop song. The other can be your choice!
3. Contestants must be available for all live show dates/dress rehearsal. They are tentatively set for late January or BOTH in February. Location is still to be determined.
4. Songs to be performed for the shows must be popular songs heard on the radio. No opera. Showtunes must be well-known songs and approved in advance by the Coaches and or Directors.
5. Contestants will not play instruments for the show, nor for auditions. Songs for live shows should be no longer than 3:30 minutes, unless approved by Coaches. Top 5 contestants in each age group will sing a fast and a slow song. Judges or Coaches may recommend a list of song choices for each Contestant. Contestant must provide instrumental track.
6. Contestants will be judged on a point-based system in categories including voice quality, pitch, connection to the song, stage presence and more. All categories will be covered in the free group coaching sessions.
7. In the event of snow, performance dates may have to moved. We will do our best to accommodate all contestants.
8. Our goal is to have 20 initial contestants competing in the first show. There will be two age groups with 10 competing in each. The 2 age groups are as follows 11-14 year-olds and 15-18 year olds. The top 5 in each age group will be announced at the end of the first show and they will go on to compete in the Finale.
9. There is a $50 entry fee for each of the 20 Contestants who are chosen to compete so that we may offer a $500 prize to each of the 2 winners.
10. Contestants who compete are also required to obtain one $50 sponsor for our ad program booklet as this is a fundraiser for Pillars of Light and Love.
11. Guidelines are subject to change, in which case all Final Contestants will be notified.
Twenty contestants who make the audition will compete in our live shows to be held in February 2024. Ten contestants in a 11-14 year-old group, and ten contestants in a 15-18 year-old group will compete. The top 5 in each age group will be announced at the end of the first show and will go on to compete with two songs in the Finale. A $500.00 grand prize will be awarded to the winner in each age group at the Finale!
Our goal for all of our Julia's Joy Programs is to empower youth. In this project, our mission is to strengthen confidence, and improve performance skill, in talented youth, especially those interested in performing publicly. To improve and strengthen skills, the 20 Contestants will receive free group vocal and performance coaching on Sunday afternoons November through January at the Empowering U Center in Trappe. Those who pass the audition will be required to attend the majority of the coaching sessions and rehearsals.
Colin Mash, our 2020 winner in the 15-18 year old group, will return as a Coach this season!